Many of you might be living in a joint family sharing your computer with others in the family. There will be kids around who might be using your computer for playing games and accessing websites. So there are chances that they can get addicted to sites like Facebook, Orkut, Miniclip etc. and its very difficult to stop them. Instead there is a trick which can help us block such websites from accessing. This trick doesn’t require any third party app instead we are going to use the inbuilt function to block it.
Block access to certain website from your computer without any software
You might be wondering to know the trick to block certain websites from your computer without using any software. In this article I will try to explain how we can block any website in a very easy way.
Steps to follow to block website:
- Go to windows explorer and type “C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc” in the address bar and press enter
- Double click on the file “hosts” and open it with notepad
- You will find a notepad with text and few IP numbers in it
- In the last line you will find “127.0.0.1 localhost”. Just below that type in “127.0.0.2 www.xyz.com”. If you want more than one site to be blocked then type in one below the other. You can see the snapshot below for reference (This will block Facebook and Orkut)
- Save the file and that’s it…. Now try to open the blocked site from your browser and you will not be able to access it 🙂
It is soo easy that even a person who is not much into computers can do it. Also the best thing about this trick is, we can do this trick free of cost as it doesn’t require any third party software. If you know any better trick to do this task then do let us know by commenting