Today there are number of websites running on internet. Every website owner wants to have a good traffic on their site. This traffic or click on the site helps for achieving their business promotions, sales, advertisement etc. Search Engine Optimization is the process using which traffic on any site can be improved and rank of site can also be increased so that site can be searched easily through Google.
Who provides SEO services?
There are various Software Companies that provides SEO services through their SEO professionals. This is a quite technical job that involves various off page, on page etc SEO activities that helps to improve site’s performance.
Various SEO Techniques
SEO of any website requires a number of analysis and manual tasks for processing any site’s optimization. Now if you are a little handy with various SEO techniques then this article is definitely going to help you out. There are a few tools that are freely available on internet that avoids performing those manual tasks. Firstly I am going to discuss various SEO techniques to perform SEO for any site.
- Keyword Research: First of all you need to identify the target users of your website who will visit your site. These users search for any content using some keywords so you need to analyze keywords that are frequently used by the users to search their contents.
- Competitive Keyword Analysis: Competitive keyword analysis includes identifying those keywords used by your competitors. There are few tools available that helps to analyze the competitive keywords.
- Content and Markup Analysis: Contents and markup of any site plays crucial role for SEO job for any site. So it becomes very important to analyze the contents and markup of the site which can also be executed through various tools available online.
- Website Crawling: Google searches any content through its crawler over the network. So Website crawling is one of the best SEO techniques to improve your site’s rank which can be accomplished through various tools available.
- Backlink Investigation: A link that is providing relevant information about your site is considered as a backlink by Google. Those sites having high Page Rank (PR) may also have a good link that can be considered as a backlink by Google. So a site having a backlink is kept on high priority by Google while searching.
- Analytics: Analytics is a technique through which traffic on the site can be tracked means we can keep track with the users coming on the site. This traffic may be organic or inorganic. An organic traffic is one that is coming through the keywords used in the site and inorganic traffic that is not coming through the keywords.
So these are some of the top techniques that are used by the SEO professionals while doing SEO of any site. These all techniques can be performed manually or by using various tools available online. Now I am going to discuss a few tools that can be used to perform the above given process. These tools are easy to use and SEO becomes handy with these tools.
Free SEO Tools online
- Google AdWords Keyword Tool: The Google AdWords tool is the best tool for keyword research. The tool provides various options for keyword research and using any of the option a filtered list of keywords can be achieved.
- WordTracker: WordTracker is another keyword research tool that allows entering any keyword. On the basis of entered keyword it provides a number of keywords along with their search counts that can help for selecting best keyword for your site.
- SpyFu: SpyFu is a competitive keyword Analysis tool. When we enter a keyword then it displays that keyword’s summary information that includes keyword page per click (PPC), organic search results and other items.
- W3C Markup Validation Service: It is a Content and markup analysis tool that analyzes the site’s Content and markup. When we enter a URL then the tool validate the URL and checks for its correctness and lists errors and warnings if finds during validation.
- SEO Browser: It is another Content and Markup Analysis tool that provides simple and advanced modes. URL can be entered in any of the mode and a summary of URL content can be obtained.
- W3C Link Checker: W3C Link Checker is a Website Crawling tool. It is very easy to use as the URL can be entered to check the validity for any link for that URL and then the tool provides the errors with the URL if any.
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider Tool: This is one of the most widely used Website Crawling Tool. Using this tool you can crawl and analyze the pages of your site very effectively in context of Google. This is not a 100% free tool and provides its free services for a limit of pages but still this limit is very high so no need to worry about.
- Majestic SEO site explorer: It is a backlink investigation tool. It checks your links used in site and also provides you with a summary of URL and suggestions for improvement.
- Open Site Explorer: It is another most popular backlink investigation tool that is not 100% free. But it gives you a restricted authority to check your link or URL of site daily.
- Google Analytics: Google analytics is an analytics tool that helps you to keep track with the organic or inorganic traffic on your site. It provides you with a summarized detail through which you can easily analyze problems with the site if any.
These all tools are free and easy to use and SEO activities become very handy using these tools. Lots of web help and videos are also there to help you out for learning these SEO Techniques and Free SEO Tools. I hope this article will be beneficial for you.