We regularly clean up our computer by removing all the junk files, temp files and browser cache just to speed up the system. For doing this task there are lots of free tools which help us in removing the unwanted files. Today we are going to see how to find and delete those big files which we store in our system and end up forgetting them.
WinDirStat for Windows
To make our work easier, we are going to use a tool called WinDirStat. WinDirStat is a disk analyzer which can also be used as cleanup software for Windows. This application can scan our hard drive and present the output in a format which helps us in identifying files that occupy most of the space. It also has the option to delete those big files and this application is totally free.
How to find large files in windows and remove them?
- Download WinDirStat to find large files in Windows from HERE
- Install the Application and Run it
- Select the Folder which has to be scanned or select all local drives (This will scan the entire system)
- You will find the files which occupies most of the space in your system
- Right Click on the File or Folder and Click Delete
That’s all you are done!!!
This tool helped me in finding files which I stored long time back thus saved around 30 GB of disk space. Try it and if you know any application better than this then let us know by commenting.