In our last article we learnt How to Upload Photos to YouTube? Today we will discuss about How to hide installed programs from Control Panel’s Uninstall Program Options?
This trick will be very handy for people who share their PC with others because the chance of your important programs getting uninstalled will be very high. Just to avoid such kind of things we can hide our important programs from getting displayed in the Add/Remove Program options in Control Panel. This doesn’t require any third party software instead a small tweak can get this work done.
How to Hide Programs from getting displayed in Uninstall Programs Option
Now let’s try to hide Market Samurai from uninstall programs options in control panel.
- Go to Run -> Type Regedit and Click Enter which will open the Registry Editor Window (You should have the Admin Rights to make the changes in Registry)
- Navigate to this path “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion \Uninstall\” and look for Market Samurai
- Once you find the Market Samurai Folder -> Click on the Folder on the Left which will show few list on the right
- Look for DisplayName and Rename it to anything like VanishName
- That’s all… Now you can’t find Market Samurai Program in the Uninstall Program Option