Facebook Messenger : There are Two SECRET Games inside the Chat App and here’s How to Play Them.
Many at times we get bored of playing the same games on our mobile phones or some people just don’t have any games installed on their devices. It can also happen that all we want to do is get away from a boring conversation. So be it the need for getting away or just the need for passing some time, here are two hidden secret games which are present on Facebook’s Messenger App. These games are present by default and do not require any installation.
Make sure you have the latest version of Facebook Messenger installed on your Android or iOS.
Here’s How you can access and enjoy these games on the Facebook Messenger App :
#1 Game of Chess.
You can access Facebook chess by typing a code into a chat window of the person you want to play chess with.
The code is @fbchess play
- Type “@fbchess play” into the chat screen of the person you want to play with and this will show up the chess board.
- The person that initiates the game will by default play White and is also allowed to make the first move.
- Every move needs to begin with the prefix “@fbchess”
- So, if you want to move your pawn (P) to square D4, you would use the command “@fbchess Pd4.”
- The descriptive notation for the pieces is: K for King, Q for Queen, B for Bishop, N for Knight, R for Rook and P for Pawn.
Some more info:
- “@fbchess resign” ends the game
- “@fbchess stats” reveals the statistics of the players involved in the game
- “@fbchess play white” or “@fbchess play black” to choose the color you start playing with. If no color is specified, the default is white.
All through the game, you can continue having a conversation with your friend, and nobody’s stopping you from making fun of the way your friend plays the game.
#2 Game of Basketball.
Not much of a chess player? There’s another hidden game for you – Basketball.
- Select the “Basketball” Emoji and send it to the other person. (You can find the “Basketball” emoji in the emoji section of the App and also on your keyboard)
- Launch the Basketball game by tapping on the Basketball Emoji you just sent. A Basketball and a hoop will show up.
- Flick the Basketball with your finger to play the game.
- You score a point when the ball lands up in the hoop.
When you manage to put the ball in the hoop, happy emojis pop up whereas if you don’t put the Basketball in the hoop sad emojis pop up.
But be warned that it’s not a very easy game to play. At first it’s easy enough, until you reach a score of 10. After that, the basket starts moving sideways, making perfect shots very difficult, if not impossible.
Agreed, they may not be the best games, but when boredom strikes and you have nothing else to do and with no game installed on your smartphone or tablet, these games are worth a try.