How To Track A Phone Using IMEI Number – Stolen Mobile?
Are you here looking for a way to get back your Stolen Mobile?
Then you are at the right place. Number of mobiles getting lost has increased a lot as the no. of mobile users have increased. We can still track a phone using IMEI Number by following the steps given below.
TheÂ IMEIÂ (International Mobile Station Equipment Identity)Â is a unique number which is assigned to all mobile phones. This number is usually found printed inside the battery compartment of the phone or alongside other system information in the settings menu on smart phone operating systems. GSM networks use this IMEI number to identify whether the device is valid or not. This number can also be used for stopping a stolen phone from accessing the network.
This number can also be known by dialing â€ś*#06#â€ť from your mobile phone. After you dial this, a number will be displayed on your screen; this is the IMEI number of your phone.
IMEI number plays very important role in tracking your phone. Even after police complaint, IMEI number is needed so that police can track the location of the mobile phone through satellite. So if you lose your mobile phone and you know the IMEI number then there is always a chance of getting your mobile phone back.Â These are the basic steps which you need to follow for finding your mobile:
Trace A Phone Using IMEI Number
- Firstly, an FIR should be logged in the local police station, for FIR you should know your IMEI number so that police can track the mobile phone legally.
- One copy of FIR and mobile phoneâ€™s IMEI number should be given to the service provider of the user. This is done so that service provider can trace the number you were using. Service provider can also track the phone using the unique number i.e. IMEI number.
- You should block the number you were using so that misuse of the number can be prevented.
- Once the mobile is traced by police, they will be able to retrieve it.Â So, if required a user can inform the service provider to block the phone which will block the phone completely and wonâ€™t be of any use.
Additional Way to Track a Stolen Phone
- Log in to TrackIMEIÂ (It is some kinda database wherein the details of stolen mobiles are stored)
- Register yourself by putting in proper details about you along with the Mobile Detail
That’s all… these guys claim that they have dealers so if they come across the IMEI no. of ours then we will be informed. So as you can see one can’t assure that we can get our Mobile back but following these steps can increase the chance of having our mobile back.
So if you lose your phone do not get totally disheartened as it can be found in some lucky cases but â€śonly if you have the IMEI number of your mobile phoneâ€ť.Â So always note down your IMEI number and keep it in a safe place which can come handy at times.