Imagine this: You excitedly rush to your computer to log in to your Facebook account to see updates on your friends’ recent holiday. You can’t wait to engage in their posts and to write the funniest comments at their photos. Then, after you filled up your user name and password, you see this:
Not your luckiest day? Yes! Instinct tells you to frantically search on how to recover it. You must not miss all the latest updates on your facebook wall! You must not lose all the photos you uploaded on facebook! Relax. Let us clear your mind first. Here are some things that you should give a careful thought of before diving through the steps of activating your account:
- Deactivated and Disabled accounts are entirely different things. A deactivated account is when you choose it yourself. You can click on “Deactivate Account” in your facebook settings. Then, Facebook will prompt you for how many days you want it deactivated. You can change your mind by simply logging in to your account like you normally do. Then, you are directed to your account immediately. Meanwhile, a disabled account is when facebook disables it for some reasons. Or, when somebody reports your profile and Facebook disables it if it sees posts violating its terms and conditions.
- Facebook has various reasons of disabling an account which includes, but not limited to, using a fake name, using stylish fonts and characters as your profile name, and posting content that violates its terms and conditions.
- Facebook can temporarily or permanently disable your account without giving you a notice. You can appeal if your account is only temporarily disabled which we will show you later. Otherwise, you can’t recover your account anymore if it is permanently disabled. Sad to say, there’s no solution to this. You just have to create a new account and make sure that you don’t violate anything on Facebook’s terms. You will see this:
Here are the steps in recovering a temporarily disabled facebook account.
How to Recover Disabled Facebook Account?
Step 1: Go to this URL: https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/260749603972907 and fill in the necessary information in this appeal form:
Step 2: Upload a valid ID that shows your photo, complete name and date of birth to prove your identity. Click “Choose Files,” select the photo to upload, then click “Open.”
You can upload any one (1) of these:
- Green Card, Residence, or Immigration Permit
- Birth Certificate
- Personal or vehicle insurance card
- Voter ID card
- Voter’s ID Card
If the above is not available, you can also submit any two (2) of these
- Credit card
- Utility bill
- School or work ID
- Bus Card
- Library Card
Step 3: Add details to your appeal by filling in other information inside the additional info box
You may include information such as:
- You suspect that your account has been compromised
- Your profile name is different from your legal name and state a valid reason
- You have been harrassed by someone who might be responsible for posting contents that violate Facebook terms leading to it being disabled
Step 4: Click on the “Send” button found at the right bottom of the appeal form. You will see this on your screen:
Your appeal is now sent to Facebook for review for five (5) to six (6) days. This might be too long for you especially that it has become a part of your daily routine to check your account. Be patient. Don’t spam facebook by sending your appeal again and again. Just wait for their feedback. They will send you a message if they decide to accept your appeal and that your account is now accessible.
Now, don’t fret! Your account will be back in good shape complete with your friends, uploaded photos, and statuses.