Personal Computer Security is one of the major challenges for most of the Computer Users today. Many a times we come across a situation where in our PC slows down, some files get corrupted, some important files get deleted, some hardware issues comes on the way like keyboard not working, some printer issue or Modem issue etc. Many a time such major problems in PC are caused by Computer Virus. A computer virus is a computer program that can cause lots of damage to your PC.
Symptoms of a Computer which is infected
A slow PC issue is probably the very first symptom of an infection in any Computer System. There may be some more symptoms like computer starts behaving differently in a variety of ways as we can see some unexpected messages, unwanted files in some directory. Other symptoms may include some programs start unexpectedly by itself, we may get some security check from our personal firewall, computer booting time may increase, some e-mail messages may be sent automatically that you have not sent, you may notice that few of your files or folders are deleted or changed and more abnormal behavior may be there.
A computer virus may be a file with following extensions
- .exe An executable file
- .com MS-DOS program
- .pif Shortcut to MS-DOS program
- .bat Batch file
- .scr Screen Saver file
Some virus files use two extensions for example doc.txt.exe or pic.jpg.exe etc. So these are a few symptoms that can help to identify a computer virus in your system.
Best solution to remove a Virus
The recommended and an official method to identify and remove a computer virus or any other malware or spyware from your computer system is an Antivirus Computer Program. Generally people purchase an Antivirus Program from some vendor to protect against viruses which is also need to be updated time to time. Few people use an unlicensed or a trial version kind of antivirus program to protect their computer which is not really recommended. However people might not have an Antivirus program as they cannot afford it and few don’t use it as it slows down their PC so in such situation they can also scan their PCs online. Online Computer protection is one of the wonderful facilities available over the internet and using this option you can scan your PC online but very few people are aware of this option. You can also use this option to scan your system while you already have some antivirus program in your system.
So here we are going to provide a description of some top Websites to scan computer for virus online for free.
Top Websites to scan computer for virus online
- McAfee free Scan: – You can use McAfee online scan to scan your computer for viruses. It is an award winning Virus Scan engine that searches for the viruses and provide a detailed description of infected files in the system.
- BitDefender Free Online Virus Scan: – BitDefender is another award winning virus scan engine and one of the demanding Online Scanner which scans your system’s memory and cleans all infected files from the system.
- Trend Micro: – It is a free online tool to scan your PC. It offers a wide range of securities against security threats such as virus, worms, Trojans, spyware and malware. It will not just remove the infected files but also will check system vulnerabilities and provide a link so that all the missing patches can be downloaded.
- F-Secure Free Online Virus Scanner: – F-Secure Online Virus Scanner is another free antivirus service to scan the computer system against malicious code. It simply starts scanning of your computer memory as soon as it is started.
- Authetium – Command-On-Demand: – It is one of the online free scanners that scan your computer system against a number of Internet threats that enter in the system while using internet. It removes all the internet threats from your system and makes easy to use internet without having any network issue.
- Free Virus Scan-Kaspersky Lab: – It is another Online Virus Scan service which allows you to scan your system without uninstalling your antivirus residing at your local. It provides security against viruses and malware and also provides you a chance to test that what all are the infections that your existing antivirus allows to keep on running in your system.
- Panda Active Scan: – Panda Active Scan provides security against almost all kind of threats such as viruses, malware, spyware, Trojans etc. It also provides information about vulnerabilities of software installed on the PC that can harm the system speed and make it slow.
- Semantec Security Check: – It provides security against some of the most known viruses in your system. It also provides descriptive information that includes suggestions for keeping your PC clean against security threats.
- ESet Online Scanner: – It is another online tool that protects against virus, spyware, adware, worms and Trojans directly from your browser without having it installed on your system.
- Bullguard Free Online Virus Scan: – The Bullguard Free online Scanner does a free scan of computer system for viruses, spywares and Trojans and throws them out as soon it finds in some directory in the system.
- Virus Total: – Virus Total scans the malicious files and URL to detect any virus, Trojan, worms or all kind of spywares. It also provides a mailing service where user can mail their files fir scanning them against virus.
- Jotti: – Jotti is something like Virus Total that scans the system against a variety of computer viruses and also provides mailing service where user can send a maximum of 20 MB file for scanning purpose.
So as mentioned above we have a number of online ways to scan our system against various security threats. Though scanning this way does not provide more efficiency than the licensed antivirus installed on your machine even than it is a very popular technique among the computer savvies.