For many this question might come as a surprise and to a large extent silly, but the answer might just be as surprising. If you are amongst the majority of population who don’t have much knowledge about Mac then you might not agree, but if you are one of those who have used Mac or even have a slightest of an idea about the system then you will definitely agree that Mac could just be better!
When you sit to see, there are many a reasons (and strong ones at that too) which would push you more towards Mac than towards a Windows PC. When compared to a Windows PC the only department in which a Windows PC beats Mac is its price. Other than that the productivity of Mac’s is far better than the Windows PC and hence is unquestionably worthy of the price tags they carry.
Cost is also not a big issue with Mac. You can always opt for an old or used device, but this is still very reliable. With a bit more effort you might be able to get hold of a latest model as well. The benefits here are that the prices are pretty low but at the same time you benefit from the quality as good as a brand new model of Mac. In case you are buying from a well-known company then they might even provide you with a warranty.
Why to buy a Mac?
Along with all the above points which are already in your favor, here are a couple more reasons to help you understand why you should buy a Mac:
- With so many paths and folders Windows Vista is equivalent to a virtual maze. Whenever there are updates released by Microsoft including the interface there are changes to many of the things. On the contrary the updates on OS X are not so tiresome; it has a simple interface and is more logical. It’s only a question of time before you learn how to use it and complete your tasks.
- Mac’s are also not as vulnerable as the Windows PC. You won’t find them crashing or shutting down out of the blue. You would find a Mac to be much faster and more reliable as compared to a Windows PC, also, you would not find the performance compromised in low memory situations. On taking a closer look you would come to the reason behind this; which is that all the hardware designed for Mac is done by Apple themselves along with installing its own Operating Systems. On the other hand a Windows PC is made by a lot of other organizations which not necessarily are able to match the expertise that Microsoft holds for its Operating System.
- A Mac is safe from any Trojans and other malicious spyware even when if no antivirus is installed on the device. The same can’t be said about a Windows PC which gets affected even when there’s an antivirus program running on it.
- The most irritating thing about using Windows is that its filled with advertisements, pop-ups, upgrade notices etc. In Mac all this is not present.
- Macs come with a big touchpad, a Magsafe connector and an AC adapter.
- There are a lot of novel and useful applications developed by Apple. Many of these are also Windows compatible but it’s better that you run these on Apple’s own OS to enjoy it to the fullest.
- With Genius Bar Apple also provides you with expert technical assistance.
As you can see that apart from concerns around the cost of a Mac there isn’t much that should suggest that you should not buy it, especially if you are looking for performance. For anyone who’s concerned with the price you can always look at buying a used Macbook Mini, an Apple Macbook Pro or any other Apple model.