In this article, I review two leaders in the email marketing industry – MadMimi and GetResponse. They both are widely used tools by marketers to promote their brands and products through well-designed and impactful email marketing campaigns.
MadMimi or GetResponse
MadMimi provides excellent email marketing solutions to its clients. It offers some pretty impressive features, such as:
- Newsletter templates that you can easily customise with drag-and-drop editing options
- Connect your emails to social media pages like as Facebook and Twitter
- An auto-responder system, where your customers receive warm welcomes instantly when they subscribe to your mails
- The option to bypass filtering by your customers
- Performance reports that let you stay updated about the progress of your email marketing activities
- The option to integrate Google Analytics for in-depth analysis of your activities. You can use this for planning and fact-based forecasting.
- Access to sufficient customer support and guidance for carrying out your campaigns.
Growing in popularity, GetResponse serves companies that use email marketing as a significant activity in their promotion and branding process. Here’s what it offers you:
- The option to customise with custom fields that let you maintain separate lists of contacts and email addresses, depending on whether they want to receive your mails or not
- A “suppression filter” that shows you a list of contacts who want to be barred
- Updates of how many of your mails are undelivered, opened, unsubscribed to, how many times links were clicked on and how many complaints are posted
- Reports of why customers unsubscribe and at what time they see your emails
- Detailed reports of how many people visit your website through email marketing campaigns
- Access to guidance in the form of video tutorials, frequently asked questions and webinars
- Live chat and 24×7 on-call technical support
Now, let’s compare…
- Design: MadMimi has a collection of over 100 design templates, while GetResponse has over 350 designs and templates.
- Spam Checking Feature: A crucial features that is not offered by MadMimi can be found in GetResponse. You can use it to avoid sending mails to customers who are not interested in receiving them.
- Analysis: Both tools provide you with in-depth reports of your progress.
- Auto Response: Both offer you the option of integrating auto-responders.
- Contact Management: Both let you export your contacts.
- Customer Support: Both provide customer support.
- Price: MadMimi charges approximately 10 dollars for a minimum subscription list of 500 contacts. GetResponse is much cheaper, with a charge of 15 dollars for approximately 1000 subscribers.
MadMini and GetResponse offer quite a few similar benefits, such as access to reports, auto-response, contact management and customer support. But in some crucial aspects, such as spam checking, user-friendliness and price, GetResponse is better.
So, the final verdict is that between MadMini and GetResponse, you should definitely choose the latter; GetResponse clearly it possible for you to carry out better email marketing campaigns with its well-designed interface, advanced features, stronger support channels, numerous design options and cheaper price.
What are your views on both of these tools? Share them with us in the comments section!