GPS Navigation Applications and Mapping Apps for iPhone
As travelling in today’s life is becoming faster, we need better system to find our way out. Whether it’s a native place or a foreign distant, (GPS) Global Positioning System has commonly been introduced with the advent of the technology so as to make things easy and better. Initially GPS system was installed in cars to make driving more convenient but then what about other vehicles or cars without GPS service. Today with the advancement in technology and growing need of GPS, the service was made available in iPhones. With GPS in iPhone, it has really become very easy for the users to use this service anywhere and at any time. But to properly use GPS we need a good navigational app that should be user friendly and easy to understand.
The top 5 navigational applications are enlisted below:
- Graminstreetpilot on demand: This application is made by well-known GPS device manufacturer. It works very smartly with the directional needs for a travelling person. It shows you everything like traffic and directions before you actually reach there which is very useful. If you are travelling in speed, it tells you which turn you have to take beforehand. If we go on price it’s considerably low and cheap. Few navigation applications can be cheaper but this app performs better at a price of $2.99 yearly.
- TomTom USA and Canada: TomTom also manufactures GPS devices and its reliable GPS maps are good. The navigational functions are similar to the Gramin. TomTom is a convenient application. It even works in the offline mode. It comprises of photo navigation and voice control feature which gives it nice rating. It’s a very costly application considering the other applications. However, you don’t have to pay for turn by turn navigation. You can do multitasking while keeping this app in the background.
- AT& T Navigator: This application is free if we want to use it in map mode but for navigational purposes a small amount has to be paid which is $9.99 monthly. It comes with offline downloadable maps and navigation is performed through mobility. Besides this it has a unique gas rate feature which gives the cost of fuel in near stations so we can buy wherever cheap gas is sold which is not there in other apps. It comes with voice control too which makes it a quiet good app among the other apps.
- Verizon Vz Navigator: This app is only limited to Verizon iPhone and can run only on them. It’s a 3D navigation system and its quite much like AT&T apps but 3D functionality gives better look. The quality of 3D map is also standard as compared to other 3D navigation apps. It is integrated with Facebook and contains realistic buildings and places as in real world.
- MapQuest for Mobile: It’s a nice application which can be available for free. It has less features then other paid apps. Beside that it supports battery that can be made to run in power saver mode and can run for long time in cells. It comes with traffic avoidance function which is useful in dense traffic regions.
These are some of the top GPS navigation applications which can come in handy during travelling. Do try it out and if you have something cool to add on to this list then do let me know.